Tuesday, September 21, 2010

♥ 日本.夏.2010 ♥ Day 9

Day 9

 

I got no idea why we both always wake up feeling hungry & the first thing we do when we get ready to head out is to eat.

I wanted to shopped around Isetan Shinjuku hence we popped by the upper

level dedicated to restaurants & cafes.

 

We walked past the basement where all the groceries & counters of food, pastries, cakes & etc are.

Watermelon costing a whopping ¥15750 (Approx. SGD$247!)

 

Most of the restaurants were crowded during lunch time & queues were formed, hence we decided to join the shortest.

AGIO by Mikasa Kaikan has the shortest queue.

 

We ordered 2 set lunch.

The mixed appetizers which comes with my set.

It was a huge plate & the appetizers looks so miserable when placed on it.

 

Creamy Corn Soup for the BF set, it was really creamy & flavorful.

 

I had the Grilled Pork chop with fries, the pork chop is pretty tasty which is just lightly salted and evenly grilled.

 

The BF had the Tomato Mozzarella Pasta, he couldn't taste much of it as he wasn't feeling very well on that day.

 

After having lunch, we walked around Isetan & I, especially enjoyed shopping at the Isetan Girl level on Basement 2.

And I got myself a little something.

From Rebecca Taylor

 

A key chain/ bag charm with the iconic kitty sitting on a embellished hot air balloon.

It is said to be limited to Tokyo & I find it to be kinda of cute, so I had to have it.

 

We headed to 銀座 (Ginza), where upscales boutiques are housed and renowned as a luxurious shopping district.

My main destination for the day was at Ginza.

Inside the Gucci boutique at Ginza.

 

Gucci Cafe.

 

The embossed Gucci Leather menu.

 

I ordered the tea time dessert set while the BF just had a pot of tea, no sweets for his throat.

My pot of Earl Grey Tea.

 

His Original Blend Tea.

 

My Tiramisu with fruits.

The Gucci logo was embossed everywhere possible.

 

Sneaks for the cafe.

All sleek & clean cut.

 

And the toilet, it is important that the toilet looks as good as the rest of the place right?

Indeed it does, clean & pretty spacious... haha...

 

Picked up some Gucci Chocolates

Comes in boxes of 4, 12 & 16.

I got just 4 pieces to try.

 

We walked around Ginza & was instantly attracted to the 43rd Sony Aquarium.

We spend quite some time exploring the entire Song Building, had fun trying and testing the advancement of technology & yet to launched gadgets by Sony.

 

And it was not long before having to head back to Shinjuku to meet our friend for dinner.

Makoto-san brought another friend along & decided to have Tonkatsu for dinner.

They did the ordering there was plenty of appetizers to go around..

Cold Tofu topped with bonito flakes & chopped onions

 

Tako Wasabi which is octopus marinated with wasabi.

 

Assortment of Japanese pickled vegetables.

 

Sweet Tomato

 

A Katsu set each for both of us

I had the Mixed set & I really like the minced pork with cheese.

 

Which the BF had the Kurobuta Set (Black pork set).

 

A table full of food!

We had a hearty dinner & Makoto-san was really nice to treat us for taking care of him when he was in Singapore a few months back.

And Makoto-san loves Singapore & our local food fare so he was telling us that he will be coming to Singapore when he can, all for the food!

 

We headed back to the hotel after the dinner & coffee at a nearby cafe.

And I opened the Gucci chocolates after getting back to the hotel.

And no, I didn't eat it right away, I put it inside the fridge in the hotel room & brought it back home to share with my family.

I was feeling really tired that day & after washing up, I fell asleep with the television on.

 

Till Day 10.

♥♥♥

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Do leave a message & I'll get back to you whenever possible.

♥ Tracy