Wednesday, August 18, 2010

♥ 日本.夏.2010 ♥ Day 1-2

Finally I was jetting off with the BF to Japan,Tokyo for our awaited holiday trip.

 

Sitting beside the window on the plane.

 

The flight was delayed due to bad weather, by the time we landed and checked in to the hotel, it was already midnight. We were both feeling hungry so after checking in and washing up, we went to the nearby convenience store, FamilyMart to grab some stuff to fill us up.

I just had to get these Rilakkuma Candies I spotted in FamilyMart.


Went to bed & anticipated for Day 2.

☆☆☆

 

 

Day 2

I woke up early & lazed around before getting ready to head out. Our hotel was approximately a 10-15 minutes walk to 新宿駅 (Shinjuku Station) and we decided to stop by Lumine 1 which is near the station for our early lunch.

I picked & settled for Afternoon TeaRoom.

 

The Menu.

 

Complimentary Bread in a cute little basket.

 

We each ordered a food set consisting of a main of your choice + tea.

BF had オーガニックトマトとモッツァレラチーズのトマトソースパスタ (Organic Tomato Sauce Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese)

 

I ordered the グリルチキンのファームズプレート (Vegetable Plate with Grilled Chicken and Assorted Vegetables).

The wobbly egg in the middle went well with the balsamic dressing and I, who usually rejects most greens finished everything, minus the red pepper and tomatoes which I gave to the BF.

 

My Iced Tea.

 

After our early lunch, we walked around Lumine 1 & 2 as there were still some time prior to meeting our friend. Kumi at 渋谷区(Shibuya).

I didn't take any pictures while walking around as shopping requires full attention. *laughs*

 

It was about time to meet Kumi, so we bought the train tickets and off to 渋谷区.

At 新宿駅.

 

The tickets were 150円 each for a single trip.


Upon meeting up, we headed straight to L'occitane Cafe to catch up over desserts and drinks. The 1st level was the store's main front for sale of L'Occitance Products. The cafe was on level 2 & 3 and we were given a seat on level 2, it was almost full house on a friday afternoon.

 

BF & I had an Iced Orange Tea to share.

 

Kumi had a pot of tea, herbs of that season I suppose.]

 

The very cute jar of honey. Reminds me of 'Winne the Pooh"!

 

The BF ordered the Summer Limited Mango Parfait and I took a few spoonful of it, it was all creamy and nice. Fitted for a mango lover.

 

My pick was the Raspberry Framboise & the serving was seriously huge! I couldn't finish it though it was refreshing.

 

LoFT was our next stop & we spend a couple of hours there, walking from B1 to L6. After all the walking, we were all hungry and decided to have pasta for dinner nearby.

We each ordered a set meal & I really like having set meals.

It is pretty common for food establishments in Japan to have set meals which are referred to as 定食 (Teishoku).

Kumi had  the Salad + Choice of Pasta Set

Her Salad


Her Assorted Vegetables with chicken pasta.


The BF and I each ordered the Choice of Pasta + Choice of Dessert Set

BF had Carbonara.

 

BF's choice of dessert but I can't remember what exactly it is.

 

My Wafu 明太子 (Mentaiko) Pasta. 明太子 is marinated roe of pollock and also known as spicy cod roe.

Kumi mentioned that the 明太子 on my pasta was free of coloring hence it was not of a reddish-orange color like the ones usually seen.

I love 明太子& I polished off every bit of it! おいしい !

 

My dessert was Sesame Roll filled with Banana Mousse and Green Tea Ice Cream.

The meal was fulfilling & we carried on shopping a little more before heading back to the hotel while Kumi cycled back home.

Yes, she cycled for 45 minutes before reaching home & bicycle is a very common transportation mode there. I think it is a brilliant way of getting around, it is environment friendly, no pushing and rushing during the peak hours and acts as a daily workout.

 

We hardly walk so much back in Singapore and we were both kinda of tired, especially the BF who pretty much had to fully utilize both his arms.

Hauls of the day.

Till Day 3.

♥♥♥

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!
Do leave a message & I'll get back to you whenever possible.

♥ Tracy